Council of Orthodox Christian Churches to sponsor Sunday Lenten Vespers
DETROIT, MI [COCC] -- The Council of Orthodox Christian Churches of Metropolitan Detroit (COCC) will sponsor a series of Vespers services on the five Sundays of Orthodox Great Lent:
- March 20 - Sunday of Orthodoxy, at St. Lazarus Serbian Orthodox Cathedral "Ravanica", 4575 E.Outer Drive, Detroit;
- March 27 - Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas, at St. Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral, 21931 Evergreen Road, Southfield;
- April 3 - Sunday of the Holy Cross, at Nativity of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church, 39851 West Five Mile Road, Plymouth;
- April 10 - Sunday of St. John Climacus, at St. Michael Russian Orthodox Church, 26375 West Chicago Road, Redford; and
- April 17 - Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt, at St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church, 2160 E. Maple Road, Troy.
All services will begin at 6 p.m. They will be conducted by members of the Clergy Brotherhood of St. John Chrysostom of Metropolitan Detroit. An inter-Orthodox chorus will sing the responses.
Members of the public are invited to attend the services. For further information, contact the president of the COCC, Olga Liskiwskyi, at (248) 252-8184 or Olgaliss0910@gmail.com.