Council of Orthodox Christian Churches to sponsor Sunday Lenten Vespers
DETROIT, MI [COCC] -- The Council of Orthodox Christian Churches of Metropolitan Detroit (COCC) will sponsor a series of Vespers services on the five Sundays of Orthodox Great Lent:
- March 5 - Sunday of the Triumph of Orthodoxy, at St. Clement Ohridski Macedono-Bulgarian Orthodox Church in Dearborn;
- March 12 - Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas, at Assumption Greek Orthodox Church in St. Clair Shores;
- March 19 - Sunday of the Holy Cross, at St. George Romanian Orthodox Cathedral in Southfield;
- March 26 - Sunday of St. John Climacus, at Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in Detroit; and
- April 2 - Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt, at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Church in Livonia.
All services, conducted by members of the Clergy Brotherhood of St. John Chrysostom of Metropolitan Detroit, will begin at 6 p.m. and will be followed by refreshments. An inter-Orthodox chorus will sing the responses.
Children are invited to participate in the Procession of Icons during the first service, commemorating the Triumph of Orthodoxy. (see story here)
A free-will offering collection will be taken at each service, the proceeds of which will go to help fund the ministries of the COCC.
Members of the public are invited to attend the services. Please see the flyer for more information. All are welcome!
[Click Here to download a black & white PDF version of the flyer for printing in parish bulltins, etc.]