Oldest area parish celebrates Patronal Feast
Bishop Paul (Gassios) of the OCA Midwest Diocese, made a visit to Saints Peter & Paul Cathedral in Detroit on their feast day, June 29. Fr. Andrew Yavornitzky (Dean of the OCA Michigan Deanery), with several area clergy, faithful, friends, and neighbors gathered for the lovely day. After Liturgy, the faithful processed from the Church across the street to the garden (on Livernois just south of Michigan Ave), “Jardín de los Santos”, where the garden was blessed and the orchard was dedicated. The parish, founded in 1907, is the oldest in the state. Its hall is home to the “Lunch for the Hungry” each Sunday. They are awaiting appointment of a new permanent priest.